1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the V-Nova Group so when we mention V-Nova, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant V-Nova company in the V-Nova Group responsible for processing your data. V-Nova Limited is the controller and responsible for the website www.v-nova.com. V-Nova Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 11125008.
2. WHAT DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
You may interact with V-Nova in a number of ways, for example, by browsing our website, becoming a customer of V-Nova, becoming a supplier of V-Nova, applying for a job with V-Nova or becoming an investor in V-Nova. Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
Identity Data includes first name, last name, title, date of birth.
Contact Data includes address, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Profile Data includes your preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you, details of products and services purchased by you or supplied to us by you or by your employer where you have been involved in such transaction as their key personnel.
Recruitment Data includes recruitment information, completed application forms, copies of right to work documentation, references, employment history and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process.
Financial Data includes bank account details (to be clear, we only process your Financial Data where you have specifically provided it to us).
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We mainly collect personal data about you when you give it to us voluntarily. However, we may also collect it from other sources if it is legal to do so. The different methods we use to collect data from and about you are:
Direct interactions. You may, for example, give us your Identity, Contact, Profile, Marketing and Communications, and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, in person or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Order our products or services directly or on behalf of your employer;
- Provide us with products or services directly or on behalf of your employer;
- Subscribe to our publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Fill in a form to download our whitepapers or other documents on our website:
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- Attend one of our events or visit us at a trade show;
- Give us some feedback;
- Make an enquiry;
- Invest in V-Nova; or
- Apply for a job with V-Nova.
Automated technologies or interactions. If you are simply browsing our website, we will not collect any information which will identify you by name. However, as you browse and interact with our website, we may automatically collect Usage and Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Technical, Recruitment and Identity Data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Analytics providers such as Google.
- Publicly availably sources such as Companies House and LinkedIn.
- From our resellers, referrers, introducers and recruiters.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of a contract: where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate interest: means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Comply with a legal obligation: where it is necessary to process your personal data to comply with a legal obligation that we are subject to, including for example accounting and tax requirements.
5. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please Contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.